Terms and Conditions
By using the DeuxHuitHuit.com web site ("Service"), or any services of DeuxHuitHuit, Inc ("DeuxHuitHuit"), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions ("Terms of Service"). IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH ENTITY, ITS AFFILIATES AND ALL USERS WHO ACCESS OUR SERVICES THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, IN WHICH CASE THE TERMS "YOU" OR "YOUR" SHALL REFER TO SUCH ENTITY, ITS AFFILIATES AND USERS ASSOCIATED WITH IT. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SUCH AUTHORITY, OR IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES.
Please note that if you are accessing any DeuxHuitHuit service in your capacity as a government entity, there are special terms that may apply to you.
If DeuxHuitHuit makes material changes to these Terms, we will not notify you by email nor by posting a notice on our site before the changes are effective. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at: https://deuxhuithuit.com/termes
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of the service for your IP address. While DeuxHuitHuit prohibits such conduct and Content on the Service, you understand and agree that DeuxHuitHuit cannot be responsible for the Content posted on the Service and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
A. Account Terms
- You must be 13 years or older to use this Service.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright or trademark laws).
B. Copyright and Content Ownership
- We claim intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service.
- DeuxHuitHuit does not pre-screen Content, but DeuxHuitHuit and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
- You shall defend DeuxHuitHuit against any claim, demand, suit or proceeding made or brought against DeuxHuitHuit by a third-party alleging that Your use of the Service in violation of this Agreement, infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of a third-party or violates applicable law, and shall indemnify DeuxHuitHuit for any damages finally awarded against, and for reasonable attorney’s fees incurred by, DeuxHuitHuit in connection with any such claim, demand, suit or proceeding; provided, that DeuxHuitHuit (a) promptly gives You written notice of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding; (b) gives You sole control of the defense and settlement of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding (provided that You may not settle any claim, demand, suit or proceeding unless the settlement unconditionally releases DeuxHuitHuit of all liability); and (c) provides to You all reasonable assistance, at Your expense.
C. General Conditions
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
- Support for DeuxHuitHuit services is only available in French or English, via email.
- You understand that DeuxHuitHuit uses third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, DeuxHuitHuit, or any other DeuxHuitHuit service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by DeuxHuitHuit.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party's intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any DeuxHuitHuit customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or "spam" messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- If your bandwidth usage significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by DeuxHuitHuit) of other DeuxHuitHuit customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account or throttle your access until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
- DeuxHuitHuit does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that DeuxHuitHuit shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if DeuxHuitHuit has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third-party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of DeuxHuitHuit to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and DeuxHuitHuit and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and DeuxHuitHuit (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service). You agree that these Terms of Service and Your use of the Service are governed under Québec law.
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to info (at) deuxhuithuit.com.
If you are a government user or otherwise accessing or using any DeuxHuitHuit service in a government capacity, this Amendment to DeuxHuitHuit Terms of Service shall apply to you.
Text adapted with permission from GitHub.